Too Jobs & crafts all the way to the end now before the weekend and then a bout of the obligatory "stressatförmycketoäntligenledig-cold has made me come at the start of construction a bit. But now it seems the pieces finally coming together ..
I have made some adjustments in the drawing since last time. Apart from minor polishing of the rod and tires, I fired up the cockpit 5 cm. To be slightly front-heavy when stationary, but more in the wave around the cruising speed. Is it supposed ia f..
Then I pulled down the width to 46 cm, giving a displacement of just under 110 kg. Should provide a lively kayak with more focus on the smooth water / competition. The waterline will be 44-43 something and IOM that the seat is low (to begin with ..) to the well to keep some sort of balance anyway ..
Will enough to keep the doors but the load capacity will be relegated to second place.
As usual, Johan Wirsen delivered wood, 4 mm sliced & sautéed pine moldings, and BHP plastic. Though this time I have invested in more candy, or how about, 6 m carbon fiber, 14 m 163g / m and 10 m 80g / m fiber, 10 m directed kolremsa and adhesives, release agents and color paste. In addition to 9 kg epoxy.
Previous years when I've built at Rooseum was no problem with making byggjiggen in conventional 2 × 4, but now that I did not have access to dry wood was not quite enticing. If you take the studs directly from the timber yard and you have a collection of sorted corkscrews and bows day after .. It had become a square beam of 19 mm MDF instead. I got the disc sawn into 10 pieces 11 cm strips and then it was just to screw up - and with a few extra legs where it completely silent.
Leisure Farm ..
Spantmallarna are plotted and I'm going down this afternoon to start cutting up, assemble and align. Should be fun to see the shape of the actual size for the first time!
To be continued ..